Well this was a crazy sprint to a Halloween costume. I used a Truly Victorian pattern to use the bottom of the pattern to make a overskirt. I added antiqued jump rings and steampunk findings to make it interesting.
I also bought welding goggles from a welding supply shop then painted them with craft paint which really isn't the right paint but I used a matte sealer to make sure the paint doesn't paint chip off. Here some photos, the costume theme was vampiric steampunk:
|The waist cincher was way too big. I will try to rework it and add a correct from busk while cutting down a few of the side panels. I can get quite a bit of reduction but this wasn't going to do it for me.|
|Here are the finished goggles, below is exactly what they looked like new:|