Saturday, November 10, 2012

1880s Book Dress - Part III Mock Up Cont.

The mocking up of the bodice is going slowly.  I did not like the center panel being as wide as the pattern calls for.  On my frame the spread from center bust to center bust seems too wide to me especially as compared with the dress picture.  I am going to have to figure out how to reduce the width and keep the integrity of the bodice.

I'm also trying to figure how to get the right curvature of the point.  I tried to figure a mathematical scale that would best result in the length of the point.  I still think the tip is too long in front and the curve is not pleasing...I will have highly technical more fiddling....

The red lines are the pattern seams, the green where I would like the vest seams to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment