Friday, January 27, 2012

Finally! Done...but not happy....

Well, it's done and I still kick myself for not using coutil....learn from me, spend the time and money and buy coutil....you won't get the nasty little stretch ripple that even the heavy twill I used can produce.  I trimmed it with a sweet cotton insertion lace.  I also found vintage, probably 1930s, pink garter clips.  Of course since nothing is easy they are coming from England.  The shipping was more than it cost me to buy them from Etsy, but then again the whole thing was about the cost of a Starbucks grande latte....you just have to love the internet...makes the whole world one big sewing notion store.


Here are photos of the finished ripply corset...which just will have to do:



1 comment:

  1. You're being too hard on yourself! The corset is well made ans the pink trim and bead lace look lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete