Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Very Inspiring Blogger Award 

 

I was very flattered to find that Lauren from the amazing American Duchess blog had included my blog in her winners for the "Very Inspiring Blogger Award" -- I just love her blog and have found it an amazing resource over the last year.  Her historical information, sewing information, and shoes are fabulous!  I would include her on my list but since she passed on the award, and as a recipient herself,  I'm going to note her here and add in 15 other informative blogs. This is really  a wonderful opportunity to share favorite blogs with others:



To accept the award, one must:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.

Seven facts about myself:
1. My grandmother taught me to sew.
2. Vintage cars and motorcycles are a passion and I have been riding my own motorcycle for almost 22 years.
3. I used to be able to corset down to 22 - 23" (pre motherhood).
4. I am bilingual.
5. I often resolve sewing difficulties in my sleep by dreaming the solution.
6. I've been doing the "vampire thing" long before it was trendy.
7. Along with knowing how to use a sewing machine I know how to use power tools which has helped rehabbing our 113 year old farmhouse (in the middle of a big city).


My 15 Nominations:

1.  Greater Bay Area Costumers Guild - this is the page run by the guild I belong to.  Wonderful costume pattern reviews, events, and links to other events.  They also have a list you can join to ask questions and learn from others.

(The following are not in any type of order, they are all really wonderful!)
2.  Before the Automobile - amazingly beautiful underthings and gowns by this beautiful seamstress.
3.  Victorian Tailoring  - wonderful men's costuming site.  This tailor's work is inspiring.
4.  Historical Sewing - want to learn all about 19th c. clothing?  This is a great site to hone skills.
5.  European 18th Century Clothing Reproductions - I'm not sure what language this is in but the clothing is breathtaking.  Worth a look for the inspiration.
6.  French 18th Century Clothing Costumes - you can navigate this site easily without knowing French, amazing 18th century reproductions, stunning!
7.  Bridges on the Body - many of us did the Titanic corset sew along hosted by this blogger, with excellent results.
8.  Demode Couture - another fabulous costumer with a strong focus on 18th century clothing and wig instructions!
9.  Steampunk Scholar - I've enjoyed the info and photos on this site as I've broadened my costuming in this area.
10.  Waisted Efforts - a talented professional seamstress, great photos, and fine work.
11.  Southron Creations - full of 1860s history and dresses.
12.  The Pragmatic Costumer - great historical information, photos, clothing, inspiration.
13.  The Art of Mourning - I love the jewelry and information on this site.  For those who do mourning wear it is a must to i.d. and wear period correct (looking) jewelery with their mourning ensembles.  17th - early 20th century jewelry and information.
14.  Steampunk Fashion - great resource for photos posted by members.  Wide range of clothing, ideas, abilities.
15.  Daze of Laur - another professional seamstress with mad skills.  Lovely lovely corsets and gowns!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the nomination! I also solve tailoring problems in my sleep. Well, usually while lying awake in bed, and I find myself sewing in my mind.

    ReplyDelete