Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Evil Yellow Dress in Action

The Guild had a lovely picnic at the end of August at the Fallon House.  A beautifully restored old home in downtown.  A guided tour shared the history of the family and the ultimate tawdry divorce of the owners of the house.  Complete with a trial for slander....but I digress.  The dress was amazingly cool and comfy -- apparently there really is something practical to the sheer summer dress.  There were beautiful dresses everywhere, kudos to everyone.

I basted the top to the skirt but will need to redo it because the fit was too "poofy" in front.  I didn't take my time to fit the dress on me before I wore it...scary to go to an event without an "on the body fitting" but I ran out of time and honestly was so disengaged from this project that I just didn't bother.

Here are photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment